Looking for your new kitchen? Are you wondering how much a new kitchen costs? Scared?
Our kitchen & wardrobe showroom is open Tuesday – Friday 9.30-5 and Saturday 9.30-2.
We always recommend that you make an appointment in advance. We’ll tell you what you need to bring and prepare you – so both of us get the most from the appointment.
One of the many questions we get asked is:
“How much would a kitchen cost us – about the same size as that showroom display?”
Bespoke = Made to Order
First of all – every room is different – and every kitchen we design is different – it’s unique – it’s yours – it’s bespoke.
Kitchen design is all about listening to what you want in YOUR kitchen. We meet you to get your exact brief.
We meet you to see what you like – what your eyes light up on when you see it. What kitchen grabs your attention in the books or in our showroom. You define your kitchen – and the most important part of your kitchen is your door. We have a good long chat with you – about what you want to do in your kitchen – be that work, homework, sit at a table, sit at an island, do lashings and lashings of cooking and baking or if you want to entertain. We ask you about your lifestyle, what you want in your kitchen, how much time you spend in your kitchen & we chat generally to see what kind of kitchen owners you might be!
So – your door choice will be the first consideration and also what style of kitchen you like. If you like the minimalistic modern kitchen design then we won’t be factoring traditional georgian frames and dressers into your kitchen plan! The plan & design for a modern kitchen is so different from a classical one – so you have to nail your colours to the mast early on!
Then we go through a whole range of options with you – and below is only the start of the list!!!:
* Do you want a pantry?, an integrated bin?, a pullout ironing board?, lighting?, a magic corner?, a lemans carousel?
* What appliances do you want? – and are we providing them? – this will absolutely shape your design – e.g. if you want a range – then do you want a visible extractor or a working overmantle or a provence canopy or one of our Newhaven Serene overmantles? If you have an American fridge this will involve different design considerations than an integrated fridge.
* We discuss what sink and tap you like – in broad strokes.
* We discuss worktop options – and on an average kitchen there could be thousands in the difference between the price of a laminate worktop and a premium quartz.
* Are we providing stools, island lighting? or any other finishing touches?
* Of course we discuss when you need your kitchen – because when we design and make your kitchen we don’t do it in a rush!
* And finally – we get some idea of what your budget might be – because that will determine how many flourishes and features you will have in your kitchen design.
There is a minimum of 30 decisions to be made when getting to your final kitchen – so it’s important to feel you can trust your kitchen expert, that they know the latest products on the market and that they have the necessary experience and frank honesty to ensure that you’re guided on the journey and end up with your dream kitchen.
So – back to the question – how much does a kitchen cost? It absolutely depends on you – on what you want and on what you’ve set your heart on.
As a guide though – if you’ve been looking at kitchens in the glossy kitchen magazines you’re probably talking over €25,000 for one of those (at least!).
You can get kitchens from €1000 – but do you think that would be good value for money? Do you think it would last? Do you think you’d think it a wise investment in a years time?
A well-considered one of our kitchens for the average 3-bed semi would cost in the region of €7,500 – for a kitchen with storage, features and good quality components (appliances excluded). But – if you want even more features and that premium quartz worktop – then it’ll be considerably more.
A good number of our kitchens for one-off homes and new builds come in between €9,000 and €20,000 (appliances excluded).
We fit our kitchens in homes in Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Kildare, Waterford, Wicklow & Dublin.
If you want to discuss the best options for your kitchen and want to book your preliminary design meeting then please do give us a call on 059 9176873