Many of our customers love the traditional painted kitchen. It’s comforting and welcoming. The traditional kitchen is usually quite spacious and must be packed full of storage. Whilst it’s a sweeping generalisation, the traditional kitchen is filled with family.
One of the main features of the traditional kitchen is a warm and homely range cooker – and for us a vast and robust working overmantle is the absolute must have! The overmantle is THE feature of the traditional kitchen.
The Newhaven Working Overmantle is a well considered construction. It has the following features:
- Working storage units to left and right of your range – including a working door and drawer.
- Curved or straight pelmet, facing off the front of the extraction discreetly – the choice is the clients.
- Chunky Corbels (shelf supports)
- A 40mm thick oak shelf – supporting any decorative touches you may have.
- Our overmantle is finished off with Cornicing
- Our overmantle is generally finished up to the clients ceiling (unless they prefer otherwise) – providing a seamless feature and tricking the eye into thinking there is a chimney breast.
- We can provide an extractor – generally we choose the Faber Victory extractor – with remote control and 605m3/hr extraction rates.
A family home – this kitchen is such a happy space. The traditional painted kitchen is very much in evidence here – with the range and overmantle dominating the room. However – the contemporary twist comes in the form of an amazing island. This island is expansive – providing ample space for seating. It has curved quadrant doors to the end of the range and a very attractive pair of expansive curved doors greeting visitors when they enter the room from the hallway.
Our thanks to our clients for opening their doors to us and allowing us to capture this splendid kitchen.